Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My First Art Show...a Success!



I entered my piece "Ruler of the Night Skies" in the Saint Augustine Art Association's "black and white" show this month and came out with 4th place. Not bad for a first effort.

The worst part was waiting for the show itself. The butterflies were pretty busy, if you know what I mean. Once I got there, it wasn't too bad. I was expecting it to be a bit snobby to be honest, but everyone I met was very nice. After the awards ceremony, we meandered around, looking at all the wonderful artwork on display, sipping wine and chatting with the other guests. I took a few photos of the artwork and here they are.

the third place entry.




















the second place entry.




















first place.


















best in show. huh?

















I've been told that I kinda got screwed here, (and I tend to agree) but I'm happy with the results. I got my entry fee back with the prize check, and I got my name out there, and a LOT of compliments on my work, so no complaints. Nowhere to go but up, right? More later...